Sadly the abuse of children happens in all areas of society. As an organisation working with vulnerable children, we have adopted this policy to safeguard from harm all children with whom we work. A child is defined as a person under the age of 18 (The Children Act 1989).
- The welfare of the Child will always be paramount. All children without exception have the right to protection from abuse regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or beliefs.
- Our policy will be reviewed annually to ensure that it takes into account any new legislation.
- The policy applies to all staff employed by Brainchild Developmental Program Ltd and contracted self employed consultants.
- All parents and children are notified of this existence of this policy.A copy of this policy is available on our website: www.brainchild.org.uk
- All employees and consultants of Brainchild will be carefully selected and be subjected to a check with The Criminal Records Bureau. All work references will be followed up.
- They will be continually vetted throughout the course of their employment.No child shall be seen unless a parent or carer is continually present and has confirmed that the child is physically, emotionally and mentally ready to work with.
- Every child will be treated with respect and the utmost professionalism.
- Only language appropriate for the child’s level of understanding and age will be used.
- Any work shall progress in accordance with the child’s ability and wishes.
- No child shall be forced to do anything they do not wish to.
If you have any concerns regarding the conduct of BrainChild’s staff, please report your concerns to Viv Hailwood, Director of Brainchild Developmental Program Ltd. You can either post your concerns to:The Green, Frostrow Lane, Sedbergh, Cumbria, LA10 5JS.Alternatively you may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receipt of any concerns, our Child Protection Protocol will be followed:
- If any Brainchild Developmental Program Ltd. employee or consultant is concerned about the welfare of a child then they must report their concerns immediately to Viv Hailwood, whereupon our Child Protection Protocol will be followed.
- All concerns, and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to appropriately – this may require a referral to children’s services and in emergencies, the Police.
- To ensure the safety of children, our premises should be hygienic, adequately lit, electrically safe, safely furnished, equipped with a readily accessible medical kit, equipped with a fire extinguisher and telephone.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Brainchild Developmental Program. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Brainchild Developmental Program Ltd takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.