‘He enjoyed coming and he was sad that the sessions had finished. He liked the time and the attention and interaction. He liked the hands on nature. I think going back to tactile relationships is quite nice for them’ (Mum)
His mum noted the following changes after attending Brainchild group sessions:
- There are more tears as he begins to release his emotions more easily.
- He is more able to talk about sadness and other emotions. There is more response and he may cry.
- He is writing more steadily and more easily.
- His handwriting has improved.
- There is less resistance to doing homework.
- The layout of his work has improved.
- Getting thoughts into words and onto the page is easier. That’s the biggest improvement.
- He just seems to do his homework, and I don’t get involved. He just says, “I’ve done it.”
- His whole processing, the creating of ideas and the actual writing. That’s got much smoother.
- He used to vomit easily and often have constipation or diarrhoea. None of these have been evident in the last six months.
- Balance and co-ordination has improved.
- His organisation has improved, with no lost property this year. This is a big difference.
- He has matured, definitely over the last 6 months. He’s been surprising me with the improvements in maturity.
Further reading see Brainchild Impact of Evaluation Report