This 7 year old boy was diagnosed with Dyspraxia and Dyslexia. His mum writes about the remarkable improvements after a Brainchild Group Program. SO MANY!
- He has more stamina and has motivation to be active.
- Now he can ride a bike and can complete a 10 mile ride without giving up.
- All physical activities are easier and better. His movements are more fluid and co-ordinated.
- His reduced muscle tone has improved. He is not so floppy, as his posture has improved and he is more upright.
- Everyone has noticed big changes.
- He is signed off from the physiotherapist and occupational therapist list. Now walking evenly. His shoes wear evenly and his gait is better.
- Co-ordination and balance has improved. He can jump, so he can enjoy dance and sport.
- He falls over less often and no longer bumps into things, as awareness of personal space is now there.
- Motor planning has improved.
- His speech is clearer, concentration is better and he is understanding more.
- Organisational skills are better and he daydreams less.
- Reading has made good progress. He is less likely to mis-read words or lines because his visual tracking is better and he can remember what he has read.
- Handwriting has improved, the layout on the page is better and he is now happier to write, as it has become easier. No longer gets cramps and pains when writing.
- He is more creative in his thinking and he can think things through, connect ideas and reason.
- His concentration span and speed of processing has improved.
- He is much more confident.
- Short term memory and fine motor control is better for things like using cutlery and buttons and using each hand for different things.
- Fluctuating blood sugar levels, fatigue, digestive problems, motion sickness have all improved.’
Do the problems this boy had before Brainchild ring any bells with you? What are your experiences of Dyslexia or Dyspraxia? Please let us know on our blog so that all the parents reading this do not feel so alone – Thank you